You may have been mis-sold PPI if:
- it was added without your knowledge;
- you were told “you had to have it”;
- at the time you took out the loan you were:
- on a fixed short term contract
- on a temporary contract
- not resident in the UK
- You had a pre-existing medical condition
- You already had insurance cover under another policy
- You were not told the cost of the PPI
- You were not told that the cost would be added to your loan and you would be charged interest on it
- You were not told of a cooling off period
If it has been mis-sold you can claim for the premiums you have paid any commission the finance company might have received and interest at 8% and sometimes consequential losses if interest would not adequately compensate you. Premiums paid within the last 6 years are easier to claim for. For older claims beyond 6 years you would need to show that you did not know of the mis-selling until some point within the last 6 years. Having the paperwork helps.
PPI can be added on to various financial products such as credit and store cards or can be stand alone policies.
If you think you may have a claim, gather your paperwork and call Nick on 01925 759 510 or fill in the contact form.
We can consider your claim and give you advice on a no win no fee basis.
Cannot fault the service, no need for improvement, excellent service, always kept in the loop. Happy to use words on website. DM Stevenage