The Retail Ombudsman has set out a specialist section to deal with airline disputes such as:
• Denied boarding, flight delay or cancelled flights.
• Damaged, lost or delayed luggage.
• Destruction, damage or loss of items worn or carried by a passenger.
• Problems faced by disabled passengers or passengers with reduced mobility.
• Issues of unfair trading.
To be eligible to take your claim to the Ombudsman, you must have submitted your claim/complaint to the airline and either have not heard back from them within 8 weeks or had a letter refusing your claim.
The Ombudsman’s decision is binding on the airlines who have signed up although not all airlines have signed up. The ones who have are set out below.
The service is free to consumers which has the advantage of not having court fees which a small claim would have.
If you have any queries please contact Nick on the above number or fill in the contact form on the right.
Air Canada Rouge
South African Airways